A fun down-to-earth blog with a purpose: for sharing, discovering new things, meeting new people, setting goals and breaking new ground. It’s a little bit of me and a little bit of you! It’s cathartic and inspirational: it’s Thinking out Loud!
My name is Carolyn Correia. I am an author, freelance writer, communications consultant and motivational speaker.
This blog shows my transition from a dreamer to a do-er. My writing and my profession has morphed into many things over these last 8 years.
Most things were not planned. I just made a decision and ran with it. The best things happen when you go with your gut and don’t look back.
Some things about me:
- Writing is everything to me and it’s where it all began
- I think deeply (too deep for my own good)
- I like adventure
- I am a risk-taker
- I like plain talk, bad manners – the REAL deal, no falseness, no excuses
- I’m an emotional softy (although not always apparent)
- I wasn’t always this outgoing
- I love to laugh and make others laugh (my friends tell me I can probably fall back on comedy if these gigs don’t pan out 😉
- I have no shame – I have fallen multiple times (literally and figuratively) and I guess that’s why I am a survivor
- I am from the multi-ethnic melting pot Caribbean twin-island Republic of Trinidad & Tobago
- I have a BA in Literatures in English and Communications from The University of the West Indies and a MA in Mass Communications from the University of Leicester but my qualifications do not define me. Intelligence and talent are not measured by letters behind your name but your ability to perceive information, people, situations and transform negatives into positives.
I am a work-in-progress!!!
You can shop for my books here – Thinking out Loud and How To Find Yourself & Claim What’s Yours oh and here! she missed the boat on love. Feel free to poke around my website to learn more about me, book my services or reserve your spot at my events here: www.carolyncorreia.co