THINKING OUT LOUD is a fun down-to-earth blog with a purpose. It was created for sharing, discovery, meeting new people, setting goals, kickstarting your mojo and breaking new ground.
It’s a little bit of me and a little bit of you! It’s cathartic and inspirational.
My name is Carolyn Correia
I’m an author, freelance journalist, communications consultant and speaker.
This blog shows my transition from a dreamer to a do-er.
How my writing and profession has morphed and evolved over the decades.
It shows how I was being led every step of the way … even when I was not fully conscious.
Most things were not planned. I just made a decision and ran with it. Some of them were made for me and others I was guided toward.
The best things in life happen when you go with your gut, observe the signs and don’t look back. When you look back, you don’t achieve much, because you become stuck in a time warp of pain and regret and lack.
Essentially you remain a dreamer – either pining away for the past, or a ‘fantasy’ in the elusive future. When you quiet the ‘noise’ in your head and find the strength to follow your gut, you are able to chip away gradually, until you make your fantasies a reality.
Some things about me:
- Writing is everything to me and it’s where it all began
- I think deeply (too deep for my own good)
- I like adventure
- I am a risk-taker
- I like plain talk, bad manners – the REAL deal, no falseness, no excuses
- I’m an emotional softy (although not always apparent)
- I wasn’t always this outgoing
- I love to laugh and make others laugh (my friends tell me I can probably fall back on comedy if these gigs don’t pan out 😉
- I have no shame – I have fallen multiple times (literally and figuratively) and I guess that’s why I am a survivor
- I’m from the multi-ethnic melting pot Caribbean twin-island Republic of Trinidad & Tobago. (For a minute there I thought I was on Ms. Universe).
- But on a serious note, lotsa people are curious about ethnicity – especially in our culture, so let’s just say I did not just fall from a breadfruit tree!
- But if it assists to better identify who I am, my roots are Afro-Caribbean and Portuguese (Western European).
- Superficial things like race, religion, nationality and class do not determine your fate in life, but rather how well you put your mind to use to bring about change.
- I have a BA in Literatures in English & Communications from The University of the West Indies and a MA in Mass Communications from the University of Leicester with specializations in Film & Public Relations. I also have a bunch of other certifications and informal training, but my qualifications do not define me.
- Intelligence and talent are not measured (solely) by letters behind your name, but your ability to perceive information, people, situations and transform negatives into positives to achieve your desired result.
- The race you win [with your former self] is based on your open-mindedness, your humility, fortitude and faith.
I am a work-in-progress!!!
You can shop for my books here – Thinking out Loud and How To Find Yourself & Claim What’s Yours oh and here! she missed the boat on love. Feel free to poke around my website to learn more about me, book my services or reserve your spot at my events here: www.carolyncorreia.co